Every minute of every day we are faced with a torrent of information – sales messages, persuasive arguments, questions to answer and opinions to form. How do we know which is the correct position to take? Which sources or arguments should we listen to? How do we determine who is more credible, how do we judge whether something is of value or not?
In order to make good decisions it is crucial that we are evaluating things critically and using good approaches to decide and take the best course of action. This means seeing through seductive and persuasive messages or emotionally-charged arguments or claims.
This workshop helps participants understand and develop approaches for critical thinking by discussing the following steps:
- What is critical thinking and why is it important?
- Some common thinking mistakes and why we make them
- The eight elements of critical thinking: purpose, question, information, interpretation, concept, assumptions, implications and perspectives
- How to use critical thinking in everyday situations
- Tools & techniques for critical thinking
This practical session challenges participants to question how they interpret the world around them, helping them learn how to take an objective, impartial view on issues related to their everyday work.
- Inc.com: 8 Reasons Why Your Boss Needs You to Make Objective Business Decisions
- World Economic Forum: The 10 skills you need to thrive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution
“I’d highly recommend Creative Huddle – they’re easy to work with, know their stuff and are passionate about what they do.” – John Athanasiou, HarperCollins