If you’re in any way interested in learning, creativity and innovation, this video of a talk by John Seely Brown will blow your socks off. Seely Brown is perhaps most famous as the director of its Xerox PARC – a position he held for nearly two decades.
The talk in a nutshell:
- The world is changing faster than ever and our skill sets have a shorter life
- Understanding play is critical to understanding learning
- The world is getting more connected that ever before – can that be a resource?
- In this connected world, mentorship takes on new importance and meaning
- Challenges we face are multi-faceted requiring systems thinking & socio-technical sensibilities
- Skills are important but so are mind sets and dispositions
- Innovation is more important than ever – but turns on our ability to cultivate imagination
- A new culture of learning needs to leverage social & technical infrastructures in new ways
- Play is the basis for cultivating imagination and innovation
We hope you enjoy the video – it’s amazing.
Photo credit: Joi Ito