Goal Setting Workshops for Teams
Decades of research by goal theory pioneers Dr Edwin Locke and Dr Gary Latham indicates that setting goals in the workplace makes a real difference.
Rob Briner, HR Magazine’s most influential thinker 2016 says: “As evidence for HR practices goes it just doesn’t get any better. Here’s a practice that actually really works.”
And, after a major review, the CIPD concluded: “Goal setting is one of the most powerful and evidence based interventions for enhancing performance.”
Be a goal getter
Our goal setting workshops help teams work together to set goals that are good for the team and the company, getting everyone aligned and motivated to set ambitious targets.
You’ll then consider your team’s collective purpose, ambitions and strengths as you collaborate to form a clear, practical action plan to turn those goals into reality.
These workshops work best for teams of 12-20, however they can accommodate more if you have a spacious venue. They can be run as a full day or three-hour workshop, depending on the size of your team and the scope of your goals.
Watch our guide to setting SMARTER goals
“The process of narrowing down our objectives and being honest about our workload and priorities was really useful.”
“A good starting point for a new team.”
Some recent clients:
Some recent projects:
- Four years’ consultancy with American Express, delivering over 30 workshops and 100+ coaching sessions with 50 senior leaders
- A series of creative thinking workshops for senior leaders at Harrods
- An ‘Open Space’ workshop for 60 senior leaders from Elmbridge Borough Council
- A two-day strategy workshop for the leaders of CBRE, a global building services firm
- A workshop for 150 clinical leaders from Bupa to co-create their vision for the organisation
- An Innovation Toolkit for 800 managers at ITV
- Creative thinking workshops for GroupM, the world’s largest media investment group
- A Creative Leadership workshop for the senior creative team at Getty Images
- A workshop for 80 PhD students from Nottingham University to discuss five key projects
- A team development workshop for a senior creative team at Photobox
Over 20 great ideas for fostering collaboration in your team.
I’m James Allen, founder of Creative Huddle. I’ve facilitated hundreds of workshops, meetings, focus groups, strategy sessions, teambuilding events and corporate offsites for a range of clients, from corporate household names to creative agencies, charities and startups. Read more →
Creative Huddle (noun)
A brilliantly facilitated group session to help teams generate ideas, solve problems, explore opportunities or make decisions.
Synonyms: workshop, brainstorm, meeting, offsite, conference.
The secrets of great collaboration, revealed:
Download our new Collaboration Playbook to get over 20 great ideas for fostering collaboration in your team.
This jam-packed guide includes bite-sized insights from companies including Google, IDEO, Deloitte and Apple.