Strategic vision project for a high street retailerWe were engaged on a month-long consulting project to establish the requirements of 350 buyers and merchandisers for the design of an important new software tool.
We worked with the supply chain team of a high street retailer to consult with 350 buyers and merchandisers who use an internal software tool to help them with an integral element of their role.
To inform a significant upgrade of the software, they were keen to deliver change through colleague engagement – collecting feedback and insights from colleagues who use the software on a daily basis and regard it as key to the successful execution of their work.
This programme of consulting ‘at the coalface’ would establish key frustrations and user requirements to enable the most useful and innovative next iteration of the software.
What we did
We conducted an online survey and ran a series of 10 focus groups to collect valuable insight and observations.
Questions about the software included:
- How important is it to you?
- How do you feel when using it?
- How confident does it make you feel?
- What are the most important things that it should help you achieve?
- What would help you do your job better?
- What would make the biggest impact for customers?
- What would help the company lead the market in this area?
- How important is the software within the wider context of your work?
- What would you do if the software didn’t exist?
We also advised on a communications strategy to accompany the project, to help employees understand the context and importance of the work being carried out.
Finally we summarised all our findings in a concise report with key recommendations and priorities.
“I’m very happy with the outcome and the quality insight that we have captured to help shape our discovery phase. Super challenging of the existing status quo which I’m very happy about.”
Contact us for a quote today.
Fill out our contact form with as many details as you like, and we’ll get back to you pronto.