Conferences & Events
Corporate conferences and events can be highly effective ways to bring different departments and teams together to engender a “one company” vision and approach. The opportunity to share ideas, break down silos and build morale can be invaluable.
However, such large-scale gatherings can be expensive – not just in terms of venue and catering, but especially in terms of the valuable hours spent by everyone organising, attending and taking part. This is where an experienced facilitator comes in handy – to help you plan effective sessions and activities to make the most of everyone’s time and to achieve the desired outcomes for all concerned.
Design & facilitation
I can help you design the right sessions for the right people, taking into consideration the profile, remit and personalities involved and matching them up to suitable sessions, activities, workshops and breakouts.
I can also facilitate key elements of the event, such as acting as compere or announcer, or I can run workshops or breakout sessions. For large events I can call on a network of trusted associate facilitators and manage their involvement on your behalf.
– Lena Koskela, Viasat World
Some recent clients:
Some recent projects:
- Four years’ consultancy with American Express, delivering over 30 workshops and 100+ coaching sessions with 50 senior leaders
- A series of creative thinking workshops for senior leaders at Harrods
- An ‘Open Space’ workshop for 60 senior leaders from Elmbridge Borough Council
- A two-day strategy workshop for the leaders of CBRE, a global building services firm
- A workshop for 150 clinical leaders from Bupa to co-create their vision for the organisation
- An Innovation Toolkit for 800 managers at ITV
- Creative thinking workshops for GroupM, the world’s largest media investment group
- A Creative Leadership workshop for the senior creative team at Getty Images
- A workshop for 80 PhD students from Nottingham University to discuss five key projects
- A team development workshop for a senior creative team at Photobox
This sample agenda is designed for a team meeting up for an annual strategic review. It includes activities for reflecting on recent results, brainstorming new ideas and forming action plans.
I’m James Allen, founder of Creative Huddle. I’ve facilitated hundreds of workshops, meetings, focus groups, strategy sessions, teambuilding events and corporate offsites for a range of clients, from corporate household names to creative agencies, charities and startups. Read more →
Creative Huddle (noun)
A brilliantly facilitated group session to help teams generate ideas, solve problems, explore opportunities or make decisions.
Synonyms: workshop, brainstorm, meeting, offsite, conference.
The secrets of great collaboration, revealed:
Download our new Collaboration Playbook to get over 20 great ideas for fostering collaboration in your team.
This jam-packed guide includes bite-sized insights from companies including Google, IDEO, Deloitte and Apple.